Our smart phones and tablets can help us stay organized and be productive. Some of the best family apps help us do things from deposit a check to find out when a flight arrives. Many are free or cost a dollar or two. Taking advantage of an app to expedite a task, get a task done more easily or even make a task more fun is a reason to find your family’s best family apps.
We all have our favorites for different reasons. Here are a few of mine by category.
- Your bank app – easy access to your accounts
- Kindle or Nook app – reading while you wait
- Evernote – task lists, client lists, family lists
- Local TV station app – weather, traffic and local news
- FlightTracker – find out when your flights are arriving
- Grocery IQ – grocery list
- Dropbox – access documents to review
- Evernote – to read or review clipped articles
- GeniusScan – scans a document and creates pdf files
- Expensify – creates expense accounts easily
- RescueTime – timer for projects
- Your bank app – make deposits and verify account amounts
- Pandora – music for all ages
- Quizlet – flash cards
- StudyBlue – organizing and study aid
- TimeTimer – visual timer
- MyHomework – digital notebook and calendar
- Please add your favorites below!
For kids, I am a big believer in low level technology use. However, there are lots of awesome apps for learning too!
Join me on High Tech and Technically Organized for more tech organizing ideas.
My newsletter arrives monthly with more insights into organizing. Join in the organizing fun!