Easy Organized Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is our national holiday for gratitude. We are abundantly blessed in our country with privileges and resources. The celebration focuses on an abundant table, set with all sorts of fabulous food. It can be a overwhelming to prepare for this holiday. Let’s plan an easy organized Thanksgiving this year.
- Thanksgiving is when our family and friends come together to celebrate. Start with a guest list and a meal plan. Knowing how many guests are coming makes setting up easier. Knowing your meal plan makes for easy delegation and participation for guests. Everyone wants to help, so when asked you are ready to share responsibility for side dishes.
- Write down a time line for food preparation. Frozen turkeys often take longer than expected to defrost so start early. Starting with the Sunday before the holiday, write down what you want to accomplish each day. Be sure to include dates for grocery shopping, pie baking and making side dishes.
- Not enough oven room? Think about crockpot dishes for sweet potatoes or green bean casserole. You can even do your turkey in the crockpot!
- Ask your family to help. They can set your tables early and make table decorations too. Set out your table ware and serving pieces and label these with post it notes. For guests bringing dishes, be sure to have serving pieces and spots available.
- Purchase inexpensive dollar store cartons for leftovers for yourself, your family and your guests. Sending leftovers with guests is a special gift for them!
Join me for more Thanksgiving tips on food and crafts on pinterest Happy Holidays.
Don’t miss out on upcoming organizing tips and techniques! Click here to subscribe to my monthly newsletter.
Love the Crock-pot idea for side dishes! I may have to do this today!
Thanks Julie! It’s one more way to keep side dishes warm too. Happy holidays to you!