The dreaded under stairs closet area! It’s usually a dumping ground because not only is it a big open space, but it usually has an angled ceiling and a curved section. Most families are confused what to store in there other than the vacuum. Let’s get this space functional for you and make it great storage.
- This is a space where everything needs to come out and be divided into toss, donate, or keep. Once you know what is in there you can make better decisions on storage.
- Deep under stair storage is a great place to storage a category with large items. You can store luggage, printed photos, holiday decorations, or home decor in the back of the closet and use the front for your everyday needs like your vacuum or sweaters.
- Under stair storage should be divided into front and back storage. The back is less accessible, so large, infrequently used items can have a permanent home there.
- Use 66 quart or smaller bins to make best use of the space. When you group in the bins, be sure to label the categories on 2 sides and the top of the container. This way you will always know what is in the bins. You can also keep a list on the back of the door too. Arrange the back bins by height depending on the slope of the ceiling.
- Use a clear shoe organizer on the back of the door for small items you might need easy access to in the adjacent room. It creates new space!
Wishing you Hugs and Happy Organizing with your new under stair organizing!