Each year as we start the new year, we think of ways to make a change and improve our lives. Did you know that organizing is one of the top three goals each year? Throughout the month of January, I will be offering 31 tips to help you have Your Most Organized Year Ever. Implement just one of these tips, tools, techniques or tweaks this year.
It can be surprising how much alarms, timers and other reminders can help us during our day. We have so much to think about, these tools help us execute our intentions.
Alarms can help us
- remember to leave for an appointment on time
- switch tasks and remember to complete a task on time
- remind us to turn off the sprinkler, move the wash to the dryer or take the brownies out of the oven
Timers can help us
- get started and work for just 15 minutes on a project
- help us know how much time it takes to complete a project
- break a project into smaller chunks
Other reminders we all love and use
- extra large post-it notes with a task written on it, posted at an exit or on your planner
- with one task per note attached to a wall, reminding us of all the work to be done
- used as a week at a glance calendar with dates and actions
Make this Your Most Organized Year Ever with alarms, timers and other reminders.