Summer is when we hit the road by air, land and even sea! When you are organized and ready for your travel, it’s less stressful and more memorable.
Your destination information
- Keep up with your travel papers with clear pocket folder. Place information in the pocket folder asap so it you always have access to it.
- Set your sights on apps that help you with destination information. Kayak.com and Hipmonk.com can help you get flights, hotels and more.
- Get started with your packing with a list! Whether its a paper one from Container Store or online with TravelSmith.com, lists are the best way to be sure you have all you need.
- As busy as we are, we often leave packing to the last minute. Start well in advance of your trip just with the suitcase out. Drop in items throughout the week. A day before you travel, assess what you are taking and eliminate a little.
- Packing cubes make travel organizing easy. Place floppy bathing suits and cover ups in one, underwear in another, and even pants or dresses in a large one. Having your suitcase divided into units makes finding something much easier.
- Create a travel medication kit for your holiday. Include every day items like band aids, creams, aloe and other over the counter meds just in case.
- Pack your kids clothes in Ziploc bags, set up by day. It’s easy for them to get ready on the trip.
- My favorite pre-packed item is my toiletry case. It has all my every day face and hair products in small size containers, always ready to go.
Hit the road
- Healthy snacks are a must for travel. Make it fun with small size containers or individually wrapped snacks for you and your family. If you are travelling by car be sure to include a cooler with water and plenty of ice.
- Small crazy Dollar Store items keep everyone entertained. Add to the fun with these on the trip.
- My favorite souvenir is a photo at the destination with my family. Help your kids make good souvenir choices by allowing a dollar amount or a single souvenir.
- Double check that you have all electronic devices, cords and other accessories needed for everyone’s happiness. A Grid-It case makes it easy to keep it all together.
Getting back in the groove
- Sadly all vacations end! Give yourself a extra time to sort mail, buy groceries and do laundry before getting back to work. You will be glad you did!
Join my newsletter for more organizing and productivity tips!