Email overload is taking over paper overload! The email tsunami and electronic technology can overwhelm and paralyze you. Use one of these tips to help you make a difference during your computer time.
- Synchronize all your technology using IMAP. With this system, you can add and delete information on one machine and all machines will be updated. Not sure what to do, get a great technology person to assist.
- Be sure all your spam filters are up to date. Nothing is worse than having to delete, delete, delete.
- Be sure you are backing up with Carbonite. It is not if but when your computer will crash.
- Be deliberate about your email, reading and list servs. Process your email 3 times a day. Have your reading come to a separate area with an RSS feed. Stay on only the list servs that make a difference in your work.
- Have a file folder for processed email. It can be just one folder, just so you can slide completed email in there and out of your inbox.
- Color code your really important email. Email from a boss, your most important client, or your family should stand out so that you can find it easily.
- Remember, the more email you send the more you receive. Pick up the phone when you are ready to finalize a date, a contract, or a meeting. It will save you time and energy.
What are your email and technology organizing tips?