ADHD Friendly Apps for Every Day Life
We all have our favorite apps for everyday life. These are our trusted resources online that help us each day. I created this list in 2016 which is still valuable today because some actions and apps are timeless. These apps are available on your devices and your computer which make them so much more useful.
To manage your “to do” list and multiple projects at home and work
We all have more to do than time to do it. Having an app to capture projects, tasks, and a long list of “possibilities” makes it easier to get stuff done. You can break tasks and projects into manageable steps with these apps. Check out Asana, Click Up, or Trello.
- Asana helps you work with your team or family. You can coordinate and collaborate with your team using boards or lists of actions. It is a workflow that gives you context to your tasks within the projects.
- Trello is a visual task board with “index cards” for you to view. It’s simple to set up and use. Lists are flexible and can be named with your own context. You can name the lists by the days of the week, the project, or however you think of your tasks or projects.
- Click Up offers the option to view you in multiple ways. There are many ADHD-friendly features built into Click Up once you are more agile with this app.
- Evernote is an app standing the test of time. This context-based app lets you create “virtual notebooks” to hold the tasks and projects. It’s the ease of use and versatility make it a long-standing favorite!
- Notes app is easy to use.
No matter the app, it won’t do the task for you. Getting started might require “warm-up initiation” strategy. However, being organized with your tasks will save you time.
To manage your dates and appointments
Having an app at hand on your device or smartphone makes it easy to keep up with appointments and determine dates.
- Google calendar is easy to use and available to sync with family. You can use several calendars and some can be hidden for only you to view. This calendar is a part of the Google Suite so it works well with Gmail.
- Calendly helps you schedule time to work and collaborate. You send an invite and your invitee chooses what works best. This app is a great time and email saver too in making it easy to schedule.
Setting reminders and timers help you stay true to your plan. Multiple alarms help you especially transition between time blocks.
All those other apps that keep life simple and easy
- LastPass is the most recommended password keeper. Just remember one password and all others are accessible.
- Airline apps help you travel easily. There are new features like baggage tracking, seat choices, and more evolving every time we travel.
- Dropbox holds your files and pdf documents for easy access no matter your location.
- iCloud backs up your data on all your devices. Be sure to turn on automated backup each evening when you charge your phone.
- MileageIQ helps you track your mileage.
We all have favorites! I hope you will share your favorites here too so we can learn what you love and use.