Of all the apps that are on our phones, the Notes app is frequently our default app to use. Most of my clients have used the Notes app to capture thoughts, ideas, information and passwords. There is tons of information in this app. However we can add a level of organization to using Notes app that will give it more function and organization. There are many ways to use this app for lists, routines and notes. Here is how I use the Notes app.
General information about Notes app
- As you enter the first line, that line because the name of the list. It is in bold font for this reason.
- Notes app has a search function and you can find your list this way with the name of the list on the top line.
- Notes app is cloud based and can be accessed by all your devices for free.
- Note app can be shared with others to create and use lists together.
- Notes can be printed, shared by email or text, and locked for privacy.
- Photos can be pasted into individual notes or as a note.
- If you press lightly inside a note, a pop up with font options appears.
The Notes app is easy to use for lists. Add lists would you like to have with you all the time. General lists include shopping, grocery, kids’ clothing and shoe sizes, Christmas list, air filter dimensions, medication list or any list you want to reference while out shopping, at a meeting, at a doctor’s office or away from home base. The lists I use most frequently are for business. There is a consignment list for that three month time, action lists for particular clients and a list of favorite products I share frequently with clients.
Routines and Reminders
Notes app can be a daily routines and reminders list with check lists. Add a list of routines with a check circle starting each item of your list. (Find that check circle on the bottom right of your device while working in the Notes app.) Create the list of what you want your routine to include or a series of reminders for a specific task. As you check off, you won’t forget tasks. Un-check the circles at the end of your work or when you have completed this series of routines. Repeat and use again and again.
Depending on your typing ability, Notes app is a great choice to take notes during for personal reference, during meetings and to capture ideas.
- Notes app can be used to reference materials of all types. Gathering information and consolidating it can be done here. Be sure you add a title as the top line to find your information. My clients are information seekers and like to have access to this.
- Meeting notes are easy to find and review. When I meet with clients, I listen, take notes in this app and share these with clients. At the top of the note I add the name, date and session number of our meeting. It helps us track our actions and remain accountable to planning.
- Wonder where to keep your big ideas? It’s here within this app. I love that as you add information, the cloud keeps this updated.
- Each year I highlight my big accomplishments. The list is named 2020 Highlights. I add to this list throughout the year and check it at the end of the year. It’s fun to see this from previous years too.
Over the years as I have used the Notes app more strategically. The more I use it, the more I love it!