Just a quick quote from Mary Poppins, but it is so true! What if you knew that getting organized would be fun? You find the fun and …. (you finish the quote here!).
Here are a few ways to add in fun:
- Add music you love listening to Sirius radio
- Create a Pandora station just for when you are organizing
- Add people to the mix like your family or friends
- Set the timer and play Beat the Clock
- Gather up your junk mail, use it to build a fire in your barbeque pit, and roast marshmellows
- Play 27 fling bogey (Fly Lady’s decluttering trick: fill a garbage bag with 27 items to eliminate)
- Purchase bins to organize using colors that you love and make you smile
- Write a letter to your stuff, about breaking up with it.
- Gather up your goodies and host a swap with friends, especially for kids clothes.
- Rent a dumpster and toss it in (Really over the top! But, I have heard this is really a thrill!)
So just how do you make organizing fun?