“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you imagined.”
We can spend our days not following our dream or our path. Move forward in your personal direction by having a plan for your day.
1. Start the day with meditation, exercise or spiritual pursuits. It will start you on the path you want for the day.
2. At the end of each day write down your 3 most important tasks for the next day. You will start the day knowing and being productive.
3. Let go of activities that have become meaningless or lost value. Not really into knitting but now love cross stitch? No longer biking or lifting weights at home? Not loving the volunteering you used to love? Share them with other who love that activity.
4. Create a routine then ensures connection to others. Have a weekly Sunday supper with your family. Call your Mom and Dad every Tuesday when you drive home from work. Go to the waterpark with your grandkids every Friday afternoon.
5. Practice an attitude of gratitude. Write a thank you note, text to say thanks, and start a phone conversation with a thank you.
6. Be fabulous. Keep only clothes, shoes and accessories that make you look and feel fabulous. Have nothing in your home or office that is you do not believe to be useful or beautiful.
7. Take good care of yourself. Eat and hydrate well. Nourish your insides with water, fresh fruits and veggies. Get a great night’s rest.
8. Take extra care to be kind to yourself. When a bump in the road happens, graciously accept it as a small stop rather than the end itself.
9. Pace yourself. Build in transition times during the week, between activities and meetings and between the week and weekend.
10. Surround yourself with positivity. Nurture and support others and accept the same in return.
It’s truly about not only creating a life you envision, but acting on your plan too.