This year has been a year of challenges and changes in our country and our community. We have the power to live every day being thankful and grateful. Gratitude is powerful and can make your life better in so many ways. It’s creating new habits that reinforce being positive, gracious, kind, thankful and grateful. Here are many simple, small ways to start or continue showing and sharing these qualities and values.
- Start your day with a daily mantra or with meditation focusing on gratitude.
- Notice the small things in your life and comment. You will increase your mindfulness and your gratitude.
- Capture photos about what you are grateful for on your smart phone. Look back to remind yourself of these moments.
- Text or email a friend or family member each day to share how much you appreciate them and why they are special to you.
- Thank people who are serving you or helping you.
- Sharing a blessing over your food with your family or companions at a meal.
- Make a note in your daily planner or bullet journal of one moment of gratitude that day.
- Have a family “huddle” before your kids head out to school and talk about what you are grateful for that day.
- Write in your gratitude journal each evening as a prelude to bedtime.
- Review your day before bedtime and acknowledge your gratitude.
I am thankful and grateful for our connection. Our work together, ideas we have shared and moments we have spent are all what makes a difference. I wish you an abundance of blessings this year and the opportunity to share how grateful you are for these blessings.