The start of a new school year means everyone working together for their best year yet! Each family member helping makes all the difference. Remember, Together We Achieve More! Family teamwork brings everyone together, helping and sharing responsibilities.
- Start homework time at the same time for all your kids. This way all the distractions of television, texting and more are all stopped simultaneously.
- Host your family meeting and create a community chart for your family. Across the top are the days of the week, down the side are the family member’s names. In the grid are the daily responsibilities of each person. Post the chart in the kitchen where everyone can see it.
- Create partnerships to complete family responsibilities. Partner with unusual pairs, such as dad/daughter, mom/son and mix it up! That way everyone shares the job and the joy of kitchen cleaning, toilets and laundry.
- Have a “Power Hour” once a week for cleaning the whole house. Discuss what needs to be cleaned and what the finished job looks like. Then set the timer and go!
- Develop your core in your family team. Set aside times for family members to have one on one times for fun, such as date night for mom and dad or a special trip for a parent and child to share.
- Post a list of family fun for everyone including movies to rent, places to go eat, or family activities. These incentives help everyone do their best on their responsibilities.
What team activities work at your home?