Taking care of yourself during the holidays is important! How can we care for others if our self care is neglected?
- Get the rest you need each night. So often I hear my clients say that they have gone to bed at 1 or 2 am to finish a project. Make it a priority to be in bed and get 8 hours of rest each night.
- Eat and drink nutritiously. Our bodies need good fuel! Be sure to drink 8 glasses of water and each your daily 5 fruits and veggies. We think better, work better and are more productive with outstanding food.
- Commit to daily exercise. Working our bodies provides clarity and more. My weekly exercise includes working out with Jill Gilbert Lucas at pilates. www.gulfcoastpilates.com. It is a priority because I am better able to handle the stresses of the season with this!
- Write daily in your gratitude journal. Spend a few minutes at the end of each day being grateful and writing about it. It is as simple as appreciating a hug, seeing a leaf on a tree turn color or even tasting a yummy piece of pie. Appreciating what is a gift to you makes a difference.
- Spend 5 minutes in serenity time each day. This is a time to get your stress level as low as possible. Breathe deeply, sit in a chair, think of your special thoughts, and get a few minutes of base line.
Taking care of yourself goes beyond the holiday season. Not sure how to find the time? Remember, as they say on the airlines, put your own oxygen mask on first!