What is self-care?
By definition, “Self-care is any activity that we do deliberately in order to take care of our mental, emotional, and physical health,” according to PsychCentral. These are routines that are intentional to help with mind, body and spirit rejuvenation. This list of 21 routines will help you feel more in control of what is certain right now. As well, as you get started you will feel less anxious and more hopeful.
1. Get to bed at the same time each evening and get up at the same time each day to get your best rest.
2. Drink 2 glasses of water each morning to start hydrating.
3. Curate your news and social media to spend learning and not stressing.
4. Curate your friends and keep only the positive, empowering, supportive people as part of your tribe.
5. Curate your thoughts each morning with a personal mantra that speaks to your strengths and your successes.
6. Take time outside for a walk or 5 minute stroll for mental clarity.
7. Set a time to see your doctor and meet with questions prepared about your selfness.
8. You or a family member empty the sink of dishes each morning and evening.
9. Meal plan each week. Dinner together makes for happy families.
10. Do a tiny laundry load daily or 3 times a week.
11. Reset your home each Sunday in preparation for your week.
12. Host a family meeting each week for family communication and collaboration.
13. Tidy your room daily.
14. Keep a glass of water with lemon in it all the time.
15. Connect with your spirituality once a week.
16. Connect with a friend once a week.
17.Start each meeting with a personal & professional check in.
18. Give back by volunteering to help others.
19. Give back with donations to local charities.
20. Set a pause daily to reflect on gratitude.
21. Keep your calendar easy to see and easy to read.