File fold: to fold your clothes to appear like a file folder in a drawer
Decant: to empty items out of the original container to a clear container
Roy G Biv: to color code according to the rainbow colors of Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet
Have you seen the Netflix show, The Home Edit? It’s real life organizing in celebrities’ homes. The show depicts organizing with a glossy final product.
This show gives a new spin to organizing.
- There are new vocabulary words to do with organizing. This updated vocabulary reminds us that there are always new strategies, tools and tips to share with our clients in our work together.
- We always knew that keeping the final product in mind is important. The impact is clear with this show that cute counts overall.
What’s not new are the basics of organizing.
- The essential concept is functionality. That’s essential on our new normal to lower stress. The more functional your space, the easier life will be.
- Keeping the end in mind is critical to organizing success. Know what you and who you work with want to see and feel at the end of a project.
- Not surprising is that value of labels. Labelling makes it easy to maintain the organizing system you set up.
- Organizing remains a top priority in the 21st century. We are blessed with abundance and we continue to have a need to keep it edited and organized.
Having a new organizing show on Netflix is a happy thing for everyone!