Mother’s Day is the second Sunday in May. Families celebrate this special day in all different ways. Before you purchase an extravagant and expensive gift, think about your Mom and what she loves!
According to the 5 Love Languages, your mom could be one who loves the sort of gifts related to acts of service, quality time, words of affirmation, recieving gifts or physical touch, or a combination of these.
- Acts of service is doing something for mom, such as vacuuming the living room.
- Mom may love quality time together such as taking a walk or spending time together. Many Moms want all their chicks together on this day.
- Words of affirmation are telling mom how amazing she is at a specific task or project. Moms love to hear that you appreciate a special or every day talent.
- Mom may like a small gift from you. It can be homemade with love.
- A hug may be just what mom wants if she loves physical touch.
- Any one of these can be shared in a way that keeps clutter minimized. Which is why a gift may not be what Mom wants.
One day is not enough to celebrate Mom! Once you know her love language, use and apply this throughout the year. Moms work hard all year long and being appreciated is what is a great gift too!