5 Fun Organizing Activities for Summer
Its just a little too hot to get too excited about organizing. But what about those fun organizing projects you have been putting off? Here are 5 fun summer organizing projects that will make you swell with pride that they are now off your list.
- Remember that enormous stack of magazines you have not had time to read all year? Grab a handful and hang out by the pool or beach. Be sure to eliminate them as soon as you have read through them. Once is enough for browsing! Drop them off at a local emergency care room for those waiting.
- Love your family photos but not sure how well these digital treasures are organized? Set up categories on your computer to start with, then begin gathering them from all the iphones, ipads, digital cameras, and facebook. You will be so thrilled to have them in one spot. Now you are ready to make a picture book too!
- Are recipes all over in your home, papers, or office? Now is the time to gather them together. Sit with a tall glass of tea and be realistic what you will make. Does the recipe require too many ingredients, too much time, or no one but you will eat it? Time to toss the extra recipes and keep just what you want. Set up categories, sort and decide if a notebook or recipe box will be better to keep these.
- Get ahead for fall by creating your family command center. This fall you will be the most organized ever by setting up a calendar, corkboard, chalkboard and wall pockets to keep your family activities organized. Browse on http://pinterest.com/EllenDelap/family-command-centers-communication-and-organizat/ to gather ideas. Then head to your favorite HomeGoods, Target, WalMart or other shop to pick up and install all the pieces.
- Organize a ME day. This is a day just for you to regroup, relax, and rejuvenate. Your family has lots going on and you will need time to “put on your own oxygen mask first.” Set aside time throughout the summer for this important and precious time.
What fun organizing activities do you have planned this summer?