Every year I focus on my Word of the Year. This year my word is Expand. I never know what is to come each year as my word of the year guides me. When I feel offtrack, I refer back to my word to guide me and be a point of reference in what I want to accomplish. In 2020 I was thinking about “expand” specifically in my professional niche, that being to serve more of those with adhd and learn more about adhd.
I learned so much more.
You never know where you will expand and what new thoughts, places and people will be a part of this growth. I am grateful for these ways I have expanded personally and professionally.
- My time with family expanded more than I could imagine. At the outset of COVID, we created our quaranteam. We were quarantining as a family to keep safe and support each other. This expanded to our Walking Club. Each morning family would gather to walk and talk. We processed our thoughts about everything. This cocoon helped us especially in the early months of the pandemic.
- My focus on health expanded. Health has been a high priority. With COVID I was able to add time to walk daily. Its remarkable the mental health benefits as a result. If you want to be a positive person, walk daily. Being in nature helps us set and remember priorities, keeps us keep in mind all the little things around us and brings out the best in us.
- Being married for 37 years, we have always had date nights. This year confirmed that I am truly married to my best friend. We have spent more time together this year and I am forever grateful.
- I expanded my virtual organizing and coaching practice in working with clients with adhd throughout the country. I was able to share my love of organizing and productivity with zoom conference presentations. I was a partner and a witness to amazing transformations in family’s homes and lives.
- Time during quarantine offered me the opportunity to further my education. I virtually attended hundreds of hours of education and earned two specialist certificates. I listened to countless podcasts to learn from experts as they shared information on adhd, organizing, productivity and leadership. It has broadened who I am and what I think.
- My love of connections led to expand into a new mastermind group. These 6 women support each other and those in our industry. In meeting weekly we have partnered with each other through this uncertain time offering ideas in so many ways.
When I thought of ways to expand as I entered 2020, I thought of diving deeper into my professional niche of working with clients with adhd. Here is what happened in addition. Joy, love, connection, professional fulfullment, education and a strong sense of being where I belong despite uncertainty.