Each morning as I take my walk, it’s my time to be thankful and grateful. Time in nature gives me time to think about the blessings in my life, including the beauty of what’s around me, how my business and life have come together, and the blessings for those around me. As I return home, I feel positive. I am ready to start my day with purpose and focus.
Why keep your Thankful.Grateful. list organized
Those of us who are thankful enjoy a more positive, vital and optimistic life. We have lower levels of depression and stress. We support others with our kindness, compassion and feel good about helping others. Our focus is on people and relationships rather than stuff. We feel we are tracking and progressing towards our personal and professional goals.
How to create your Thankful.Grateful. list
There are many ways to count your blessings.
- A journal is a capture tool that keeps your thoughts in one place. A nightly writing time gives you a wrap up to your day and a great night’s rest.
- A blessings jar, placing slips of paper with a note, in a jar all year, keeps your blessings together to share on a holiday.
- Share with another who you are thankful.grateful for her/his part in your life. Openly write a thank you note, send a text, or ask to meet to share your thankfulness.
- Express gratitude for those who serve and help you. Go to the manager of your local shop and share how an employee has gone the extra mile for you. Complete a survey online and mention the employee by name.
- Kick off your meeting with a thank you to one of your employees or members.
- Thank volunteers in your association or group with a small gift card and note expressing for what you are grateful.
- Keep a list of your top 25 items in an app in your phone. All year long populate this list to reflect on what you are grateful for all year.
- More than any way to make this list, it’s most important to start your list.
My Thankful.Grateful list
It’s just a start for me. These are my overall items on my list, empcompassing how I live my life. I keep this in my Notes app on my phone. I love referring to it when I want to remember why I do what I do.
- Family near and far
- Meaningful work with purpose
- My clients. Brilliant, creative, resourceful, trusting
- Kingwood (my city)
- Opportunities to be lead an amazing association
- Opportunities to be a contributor in my community
- Life experiences with concerts and travel
I hope you will share your list with me. I love knowing what we are all thankful. grateful.