Organizing for the Mom Entrepreneur
I love learning what works for moms! In using twitter, I met the most organized entrepreneur mom ever, Melissa Lierman, @timeoutmom. She shared with me the most important technology tools she uses to keep her busy home organized.
- My blackberry allows me to go to more kids activities because I can take the office with me.
- Online bill paying takes the stress out of finances.
- Have a dimmer switch in your bathroom for bath time relaxation.
- Have a DVR so you are not tied to regular television viewing. We just record our shows and watch when we want. We have 2 DVRs, one for the family and one for me!
- We have a slew of timers. We play beat the clock, set the timer for 15 minutes and do crazy fast RTO = Restore the Order to the house.
- The computer makes great spreadsheets for chore charts, after school routines, and organize weekly & monthly projects.
- My favorite non-tech item is her end-all be-all giant family calendar – master calendar to organize everyone’s work and activities.
Thanks Melissa for these great ideas!
Melissa Lierman will be married to her wonderful husband John 14 years in November and is a busy mom of 3 great kids – smart and sharp 11 year old MacKenzie Peter, artistic and creative almost 9 year old Maria Stella, and powerhouse action-packed 2.5 year old Jonathan Roger. She believes that the keys to success for a busy household are: lots of love, lots of patience, and lots of organization, and great communication.
Melissa runs 3 businesses as a work at home mom. She travels once a a month speaking all across the United States and Canada teaching and training how to use Social Media and Twitter for Business. She fills in her time between travel with her product business (all mom-made), her training and consulting business, and her work with authors. She teaches how to do it smarter, better, faster, stronger and goes by the nickname The Bionic Wonder Woman !
Website: http://www.timeoutmom.com (complete re-do in process this summer, re-launch in september)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!