Look out Good Housekeeping and Real Simple, there’s a new cowgirl in town. We all love our magazines where we pull out important articles, recipes to try and beautiful interiors to copy in our home. With the new social network Pinterest, we can search online for all these and have easy access whenever we want to look for something new. No need for magazines to enjoy this fun! No more paper clutter!
Pinterest was started with the idea of sharing. It is really a tool for women who love to see and experience. With Pinterest, you create categories on “boards” that are shared with friends.
Pinterest eliminates your need for paper clutter by creating these boards.
- Interiors, design and color, for renovation or new building
- Recipes your friends love too, especially ones made from brownies, peanut butter cups and chocolate chip cookie dough
- Teacher ideas for the classroom, for whatever grade or content area you teach
- Personal style boards, including monogramming, favorite colors, and what were they thinking
- Reuse/reduce/recycle ideas for items you have at home and love
Word of warning, that Pinterest can be addicting! You are jumping to lots of new websites, with lots to see. So set your timer for 15 minutes to be able to hop off.
So it may be time for you to start eliminating paper, using this new digital technology. It can be loaded onto your ipad, tablet or slate to take it with you too! You can search to star new boards with the easy search tool too!
If you want to get started on Pinterest, please email me to send you an invitation. Pinterest is by invitation, but it is for everyone. View my boards at www.pinterest.com/EllenDelap.