Time for the turkey trot~ the time of year to get your turkey and Thanksgiving dinner in order! Families and friends gather to celebrate a day of gratitude and connection. What will make your day focused on thanksfulness? Here are a few organizing ideas.
- Get ahead with a list. Having a plan makes all the difference. The list begins with who, what, where, when and how. Who will be attending? What will be needed? Where will it be held and what time? And HOW can everyone contribute?
- Get the goodies. Assign everyone a job, no matter if it is bringing the canned cranberries and rolls. Everyone wants to contribute so be a team player with assignments or step up and volunteer.
- Get going. Get ahead with your shopping list by going through your cabinets for supplies, including plates and utensils. Shop early for items that are non-perishable. Shop in the evening early in the week to avoid crowds.
- Set up ahead. You can set up your food stations early in the week as well as tables and chairs. If you are going out, call for reservations early too for best seating.
- Time it all out. There are lots of goodies and only one oven so create a timeline for how you will cook. Remember that turkeys take time to thaw so plan on extra time for this.
- Take time to be thankful. As you are preparing and enjoying your time together, spend a few minutes talking about gratitude.
Happy Turkey Time everyone! What helpful hints do you have for your family’s turkey trot?