It’s not been a long winter, but we are already hearing robins chirping, the sun rising earlier and the sensing feeling of change. It’s also the time we feel ready to tackle organizing in our space. It’s time to spring forward into organizing.
There’s a few important spaces that need attention. These spaces require a fresh start with a new perspective. Organizing your office space, laundry room, landing spot and linens help you get a fresh start for spring.
Your office may have become the dumping ground for anything and everything.
- Get this space back to functioning with a mass purge of papers. Check out what to keep and for how long and get down to shredding. Now you know what to keep when papers come in. Keep filing simple with broad categories or just the box for the year. Simple filing makes it easier to file and takes less time.
- Reset this space by moving items back to where they belong. Often offices have lots of bags and boxes that simply need to be redistributed.
- Recycle your dead technology. Check on Earth.911 to know where and how to recycle items.
Have an overload of clothes taken over your laundry room? Is it impossible to enter? Get a fresh start in this space.
- If your laundry room is really your closet, it’s time to move items back.
- Set up a system with baskets, laundry sorter or other product that helps you start and finish one load at a time.
- Less clothes make laundry easier. Eliminate clothes in your closet you are not feeling joy and make space for what makes you feel fabulous. Organizing your closet is a gift to yourself!
Winters gone and so should your heavy coats! It’s time to get the landing spot ready for spring.
- Go through coats, sweaters and boots to see if these are ready to be donated and bless others.
- Add a basket for flipflops and other summer shoes that gather in this area.
- Add hooks for swim and other summer season bags.
Give yourself an extra gift with sorting through the linen closet. Often we have many seasons of linens.
- Are there stained and torn towels or sheets that can be donated? How many sheet sets or comforters do you need? These are sold as rags at thrift stores and used for animal shelters.
- Is your linen closet in disarray? Just a little decluttering and straightening can help.
- Need a fresh perk in your bedroom? Purchase new linens and let go of your existing linens.
Choose one of these a week to spring into your organizing this year!
Check here for daily light savings time tips.