https://professional-organizer.com/WordPress/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/logo.png 0 0 Ellen https://professional-organizer.com/WordPress/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/logo.png Ellen2012-07-31 20:47:242012-08-03 07:01:35Back To School: Tips to Organize Your Home
Back To School: Tips to Organize Your Home
Back to school time brings backpacks by the back door, papers flying in from kids, and upcoming activities, back to school night and more. Create a command center and landing strip that helps you control the information and stuff.
- Establish a command center with a slot of your kids’ papers and the mail. The slots can be a wall pocket, basket or cube, labelled with their names and your name. If you use a desk, the command center can be a desktop sorter with hanging files also labelled with names.
- Choose a spot for your kids’ backpacks. Hooks should hold up to 40 pounds since backpacks are heavy! One hook per backpack please, also labelled with their names. Baskets and bins are also great options. Keeping items corralled is the key.
- Post your family calendar, a dry erase board and a bulletin board in this area. The calendar is to keep all the upcoming dates. The bulletin board and dry erase boards are for reminders, invitations, and appointments. Chalkboards are popular too. Don’t forget a pencil attached by a string just so it is handy too.
- Your family chore chart can be added too.
- Host a family meeting and talk about where the backpacks and papers go each day. Empty the papers out and put in the mom or dad’s slot, hang backpack back after homework, parent replaces paper each evening, and everyone is ready for the next day.
Do you have a family command center idea to share? What works for you?
Need more ideas? Visit my pinterest board Back to School. http://pinterest.com/EllenDelap/back-to-school/