Your kids just got out of school and it is already time for Back To School. It’s hard to get started, so I have created this series Quick Start Back to School to get everyone going! The first post is about Back To School Supplies.
Back to school and it’s all about back to school supplies! Every year your kids bring home unused school supplies at the end of the school year. The sales for supplies start in mid July. Maybe your supplies are in many different spots in your home. Quick Start Back to School by first organizing your school supplies.
Choose a central location for office and back to school supplies.
- It should be easy to access for everyone.
- It should have shelves or drawers to help store different categories of supplies.
- It’s one stop shopping at your home this way.
Gather and sort your supplies.
- Keep paper together, writing supplies together, notebooks and dividers together.
- Use plastic bins (shoe box and sweater box size) to corral each group.
- Overloaded with supplies? Donate to local charities having school supply drives.
- Label bins and place on shelves or in drawers. Label the outside of the storage area.
Itemize your back to school supply needs.
- Find online resources for school supply lists on your district website.
- Compare your list with your existing supplies.
- Use a smart phone app to compare prices at stores.
- Go shopping.
Set up your supplies.
- Stock backpacks with supplies.
- Set up your homework station.
- Consolidate remaining supplies in your new station.
Check the ads and be prepared with your list! Quick Start School Supplies gets you up and running for this school year.
What’s your best tip for school supply organizing?
Check out my pinterest Student Success board.
Organizing saves you time, money and energy! Join my monthly newsletter and get a boost!