For some people, time management is a natural rhythm of the day. For some people, there is no awareness of time, time passing, arriving or leaving on time. The greatest asset for time awareness is a clock! Placing clocks in various spots in your home or office can make a difference. Having an analog clock in view helps you keep track of time and be more productive. Clocks and time management are like peanut butter and jelly.
- Analog clocks give you a better perspective of time passing. The face of the clock, markings for each 5 minute period, and the “feel” of how long a task takes come together with an analog clock.
- Place analog clocks in many different places in your home and office.
- At a minimum, have a clock in your bathroom, in your kitchen and in your bedroom at home.
- It seems redundant to have a clock by your computer, but often we lose time perspective during our work. Have a clock where you can see it without getting up from your chair.
- Set your clocks all at the same time. Many people want to have 15 “extra” minutes as a measure to prevent tardiness. If so, set all of your clocks with the extra minutes.
- Setting alarms on your phone helps you if you rely on auditory cues. Set the alarm 5 minutes early so you can be sure you are ready to go even after it goes off.
What places and spaces do you needs clocks in your home?