Powerful productivity come when we create an environment that works with our strengths. Improve your effectiveness and efficiency with these tips.
- Your planner is the visual guide to your productivity. Use it like a map, writing in what your destination is for your day, your week and longer. When you write tasks and projects into your planner, you are making yourself accountable and breaking the job into smaller, manageable pieces.
- Use paper management skills to go from overwhelmed to in control. Break down the flood of paper by eliminating first what is junk and recycle this. Create a command center where you drop recycling in and separate the paper into actions. Your command center should be at the spot where paper comes to you and you drop it in a pile. Create a fun and inviting command center using color! Not sure what decisions to make about paper? Be brutal and just keep what you absolutely need to work on, not maybe, someday projects.
- Turn overwhelming email into 10 in your inbox by taking time three times a day to sort and clear email. Color code your email and important email stands out. Designate a power period to work on email that needs lengthy responses and relates to projects. Your paper and email folders should be named the same to keep consistent and find what you need.
- Add routines to your week to consolidate activities. Even grocery shopping is less stressful if you tack it on to an existing weekly activity.
- Too much to do and too much on the brain? Use a notebook to capture your lists, dating the top of the list. Then choose 3 – 7 tasks to do that day.
- Use technology to help you increase your productivity. Turn off alarms, email, texting and more when you really want to focus on a project.
What success tips do you have for plentiful productivity?
More ideas on powerful productivity here!