I am often asked where to start organizing in a home or office. It just takes starting in a small spot. Here are 5 you can start in to feel successful and motivated.
- Car glove box! You can easily clean out receipts, old insurance papers and other odds and ends.
- Silverware drawer! It gets a little crazy sometimes getting utensils back in the right slot. Take a few minutes to sort and clean out.
- Sock drawer! There are just too many socks sometimes. Match up the socks, and toss the rest. Be brutal!
- Top drawer of your desk! We just slip papers in there, just too easily. Spend a few minutes tossing what is old, unused or broken in there, decide what really belongs in this space, distribute the rest, and then you are more productive than ever.
- Email inbox and processed folder. You don’t have to keep all the emails in your inbox. Add a subfolder called “processed,” “read,” or whatever you what to name it, for the emails you have read and want to keep. Keeping your inbox just for incoming mail will be more effective and efficient.
What small stuff do you do to get organized?
Need an organizing boost? Get my newsletter monthly!